Saturday 16 May 2009

Love was made for me and you


So I made it through the week! haha, woo-hoo! I had that Leisure paper and my PR and Media interview points due last Tuesday, and I got them turned in on time! To celebrate, Sara and I went to our new favorite Luton eatery, Desert's Rose. The food is fantastic, AND they have shisha, aka: hookah. We smoked and ate our stress away, then we went home and watched a nice, girly movie (Definitely, Maybe) to complete the day.

Tom and I went to Alton Towers this past Thursday, and it was awesome!! Now I've been to both of the big amusement parks in England. w00t w00t. We had a lot of fun. I think my favorite ride was Air, which had you lying on your stomach to simulate flight. It was definitely the closest I've ever been to being Superman. After getting back to his house that night, his cousin Sam came over and we all went to eat at Old Orleans. It was basically a Friday's, Applebees type of place, but it was tasty. Plus, it was kinda nice to have some American-style food. We had this two-for-one coupon that was good for up to six people, so we ordered four mains...on top of a gigantic starter, haha. Talk about being stuffed...eesh. Twas yummy though.


I have MORE schoolwork due this Tuesday. In PR and Media, I have to complete my interview, which I'm hoping isn't too bad. I chose the evils of video games as my topic, but I won't know if I'll be arguing for or against until I walk into class. Even though I don't think video games are evil, I think I can argue either side well. Guess I'll see, huh? Wish me luck!
The other assignment due on Tuesday is my paper for Tourism Behaviour. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I'm writing it on Thanatourism, or Dark Tourism. Basically, it's all stuff that centers around death: museums, battlefields, sites of natural disaster, ghost tours, etc. You know, cool stuff, haha.

I can hardly believe it's May 16th already. Time seems to go faster and faster the longer I'm here. On one hand, I'm glad to be approaching the time when I get to see my family and friends at home again. I really do miss you guys. Really. Of course, on the other hand, I know I'm going to be sad to leave. This experience has been amazing so far. But hey, it's not over yet, right? Why be so gloomy?


Pretty soon I'll be celebrating 11 months since Tom and I started talking. June will be my first ever one year anniversary. That's still crazy to me. I don't know when or if it'll ever stop feeling surreal and extraordinary to be loved by someone I am so unabashedly smitten with myself. I don't really want it to though.

No comments:

Post a Comment