Friday 8 May 2009

Ok, so it's been a little while since I've written...


OK OK FINE! It's been a couple MONTHS since I've written on here, haha. Oh well.

So hello! How have you been, Blog World? Miss me?
I was reading over my posts today and thought that I'd give an update, so here goes:

Let's cover school first, shall we? I know many of my American brethren are finishing up the Spring semester right now, and most of you are probably already back at home looking for summer jobs or merely enjoying the stress-free lifestyle of massive couch-sitting and blockbuster-watching. That's what I'd be doing anyway, haha. Sadly, I won't be completely done with this term until after the first week of June, but I am seeing it start to wind down now! That's right, it's finals time. Eeeep. I still really like Leisure in Mind, even though I have a 3,000-word paper due for it Tuesday, along with the outline of my press interview for PR and Media. Argh. The following Tuesday I have a Tourism Behavior paper due along with the actual press interview being carried out that day. Yikes! Wish me luck on all this stuff please. I'm a horrible procrastinator, and I have to get this stuff done!


Anyway, enough about uni for now. Blech. I had mentioned McDonald's in my last post, and when I was reading over that it made me think of another restaurant I've come to really enjoy here: Nando's. It's a chicken place. A really good chicken place. Me likey. Oh, and you wanna hear something weird about another, much more familiar and in my case beloved, chicken place? Well, since you asked so nicely, I'll tell you. English KFC's don't have mashed potatoes and gravy. They have chips (fries) instead. What the heck is up with that?? Also, no biscuits! Seriously, the biscuits and potatoes are the only reasons to pick KFC over another chicken place in the US, so I was shocked. It's still good though, just not AS good...in my opinion. They're doing these panini things right now that I've yet to try. Is that happening in the States also?


While on the subject of food, I'd like to say that I have had Indian more than once since my first time with Tom, Katie, and Rich. I really like it! In fact, I chose an Indian restaurant called Lazim's here in Luton as the setting for my little birthday dinner a month ago. Whoa, a month exactly, haha. Weird. I'm olddddd. It was me, Tom, Sara, and one of the housemates Steven. My other housemate Matt and his adorably sweet girlfriend Amy couldn't make it because they were out of town at the time, but it was fine because I had a really nice evening.


What else should I talk about...? Oh! I went to Ireland and Scotland since my last post. The first was in mid-March with Sara and her brother Jeff. It was fun, though there were moments of sibling bickery and general annoyance, haha. I wasn't that impressed with Dublin. I guess I'm not usually a big city person, and since I didn't want to be trashed out of my mind my entire time there, it really didn't have much else to offer me after the first full day of sightseeing. Western Ireland however was amazing. We went to the Ring of Kerry, Blarney Castle, and the Cliffs of Moher, and all of them were absolutely beautiful. That was definitely my ideal Ireland, and I'm glad I finally made it there. Scotland was in early April with just me and Sara, and it was equally as enjoyable. My favorite part of that trip was Loch Ness, though I kinda digged the marketplace feel of Inverness and the ghost-tour-happy center of Edinburgh. As far as future travel plans, nothing is set in stone at this point. I'd like to at least make it to Italy and Holland before leaving, but I haven't bought tickets for anything yet. Also, I think it'd be realy cool to tag Prague on the end of that list, but we'll just have to see....


Now, one more topic before I go, and that's concerts. I never mentioned that it was an Alkaline Trio concert that Tom and I missed on Valentine's, so there ya go, haha. Since then, we've seen Streetlight Manifesto together in London as part of my 23rd birthday, and we recently saw Innerpartysystem in Coventry a couple weeks ago with his cousin Sam. Both were way fun. In the last week of May, we have two Sonic Boom Six shows: one near his house and the other in London. Sara said she'd go to the one in London, so that'll be cool. Then it's Faith No More on June 10th as part of His 23rd birthday, followed by (hopefully) The Download Festival beginning June 12th. So many good bands are playing that, and although it'd be expensive, I think it'd be worth the experience. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment