Monday 1 June 2009

I see them lining up to howl at the moon.

ahWOOOOO!!

So this past weekend was pretty awesome. Sara and I went to London on Friday. We visited the British Library, where I saw original Beatles lyrics, correspondence from Jane Austen, the Magna Carta, some of Leonardo DaVinci's journals, and so much more!! It was just as wonderfully exciting as I expected it to be, although I did sadly miss the display of the ONLY remaining Beowulf transcript...by 15 days...yeahhhhh. That was really the only part of the trip that kind of sucked though.

From there we went to the Dali museum, which was cool. I especially enjoyed the furniture and clothing displays in there. He had such an eye for detail. I mean, I understand that's to be expected in artists, but I was honestly in awe. I've also discovered that I really like his use of drawers to symbolize the hidden and sometimes scary parts of ourselves, as well as his line of Alice in Wonderland-themed works.

After leaving there, we ate at......TGI Friday's, hahaha. Yeah, I know. It's not exactly English cuisine, but whatever. I was happy. Don't be hatin. Oh! And we also walked around in China Town, which was fun. Some of the shops there have the CUTEST stuff, but it's all completely unnecessary. Blah.

Tom came over Saturday night after he got off his shift, because the three of us had plans to go to London on Sunday for a concert!! YAY!!! We got into the city in the late afternoon and had a look-around in Forbidden Planet. It's seriously the ultimate geek haven, and Sara had never been to one. Plus, Tom and I hadn't had a chance to properly peruse this branch, because the last time we went it was closing within a few minutes of us entering. Anyway, it was great. Of course, they had a bunch of Star Trek stuff on display. Win. Tom bought me a little charm for my cell phone. It's Rikku from Final Fantasy X. I thought that was sweet. =) I also saw a book titled "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" or something to that effect. Me wanty....

We ate at Burger King, because they're including Star Trek toys in the kids meals right now. I now have two, haha. How? I was originally given Uhula, so I asked if they had any Spocks left. They did, and when the lady gave it to me, I tried to give her the unopened Uhula back in exchange, but she just told me to keep it! w00t. They talk btw. Ohhhh yeahhhhhh.

We ended up getting desert at Friday's....even though Sara and I had just been there for dinner a couple of nights before....I know. But we needed to kill a bit of time before the show, and Friday's makes deliciousness, ok?? So get off my back! haha.

Now. The Concert. Heeheeheehee.

The Skints, some LA band that I don't really care about, Random Hand, and Sonic Boom Six! It was SUUUUUUUUUUCH a great show. I had SO MUCH FUN. Both of the main bands played all my favorite songs, and I was able to witness the awesome up front next to the stage. SB6 played their entire new album, which I've never seen a band do. Then they played some of their big hits from past albums. It was so good. So so good. I have some bruises, and the outside of my left ankle is rather beaten up from so many people kicking it/stepping on it, but I'm fine overall. My neck is still a bit sore, but that'll be gone in no time. I'd just like to end by saying that every injury was worth attending that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment